Chatham, Kent ME4 4EL
Life feels better when YOU make the decisions…!
Vanquis Bank specialise in providing credit cards to the non-standard credit market.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 that our parent company, Provident Financial, is now listed in the FTSE 100. We have achieved this success by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions for themselves and take large leaps toward the end goal of constantly improving the service we provide for our customers.
Ensuring our customers have affordable products which enable them to build and improve their credit file is one of our main focuses, however we recognise that sometimes they fall into difficulties and re-paying their credit card is a little harder.
This is where our Collections Team step in, working in partnership with our customers to put in place tailored and suitable solutions, enabling them to continue managing their credit through difficult times.
We’re now looking for an experienced Collections Manager who can lead and motivate our Team Leaders, and supporting functions, to drive performance as well as manage the day to day operations of our early stage collections department. A highly visible role, you’ll also take ownership of projects and change to ensure our strategies are reviewed and improvements implemented, all the while ensuring the best outcomes for our customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Up to date knowledge of the Collections industry
- Someone with proven experience of leading and developing a large collections team, preferably within a banking or credit card environment
- Experience of initiating change in order to improve performance
- Someone to use their analytical and problem solving expertise
- A great communicator who can build positive and effective relationships across the business
What you’ll get in return:
- A vibrant working environment where everyone is committed to success and our customers are our number one priority
- The opportunity to be in control of your work and see the impact it has on the business
- The chance to work with a highly skilled and motivated management team
Please note: Once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs. Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us.
We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.