My client is a market leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Design Engineer, based on the edge of Rotherham, UK.
My client has strategic plans for further expansion and are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the workings of equipment using seals in industries including Oil & Gas, Defence, Transportation, Off-highway, Defence and Chemical Process.
What the role involves:
- Embodiment of customer requirements into a comprehensive product definition using 3D Computer Aided Design utilising SolidWorks
- Generation of intellectual property through seal specification and component design
- Following a structured design and quotation process capturing inputs, outputs, validation and verification steps in line with departmental procedures contained within the Quality Management System
- Support of sales through the generation of technical proposals that clearly explain the features and benefits of the value added solutions generated
- Use of finite element analysis (F.E.A.) to minimize design iterations required to achieve functional design. (Package specific training to be provided)
- Occasionally performing joint calls with external sales staff to assist in presenting and communicating technical proposals
- Liaison with our Development Cell to ensure products are designed for both prototype and volume manufacture
- Liaison with Materials team to optimise polymer choice to satisfy our customer's application requirements
- Functional specification and commissioning of product validation test equipment to assist in development of customer specific projects and product research and development
- Highly motivated, articulate individual required who is eager to make a difference to real-world end-user solutions
- A proficient understanding of component design and applications experience across a plethora of industries
- Understanding and ability to interpret and create engineering drawings and standards
- The successful candidate will enjoy a remarkable amount of job satisfaction, being involved from concept stage right through to functional prototype product availability across a varied product range
- Knowledge of polymeric materials would be an advantage
- Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics
- Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.