Accountant - Financial Services
This leading Global Financial Services Business is looking to recruit a qualified accountant for its dynamic finance team. Reporting into the Financial Controller this will be an extremely diverse role and will involve extensive front office exposure. The role will involve a mix of financial and management accounting and will require the successful candidate to be very flexible and adaptable.
Main responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Carrying out all month end accounting postings in an efficient and accurate manner following a set timetable;
- Calculating front office variable bonus accruals;
- Analysing month on month and YTD variances and providing clear, accurate and meaningful commentary for key variances;
- Preparing month end balance sheet reconciliations to good standard with appropriate back up support and commentary on key movements;
- Preparing month end reporting packages for Group Finance;
- Addressing queries from London Management and from Group Finance;
- Liaising with overseas offices and ensuring all inter-company balances are agreed and any disputes resolved.
- Preparing Half Year and Year End working papers for external auditors;
- Addressing and resolving audit queries;
- Developing a good understanding of the business and its products;
- Building a strong working rapport with the desk heads and acting as a first port of call for front office queries;
- Communicating with desk heads on a regular basis and taking them through their desks results on a monthly basis;
- Liaising with joint venture partners and preparing monthly consolidated results.
As the successful candidate you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with ideally 2 years post qualified experience. You will have extensive experience of financial and management accounting including a good understanding of balance sheet reconciliations. Ideally you will have worked in a financial services business however this isn't a must and candidates are welcome to apply who have a genuine interest.