Trainee Service Engineers - scientific, engineering, defence
Motivated trainee maintenance technicians/ service engineers are required for our prestigious market leading engineering client based in Andover, Hampshire to work nationally and worldwide servicing and promoting specialist scientific engineering equipment. These are challenging trainee roles that would suit enthusiastic engineering maintenance / service engineer professionals or driven customer service professionals with good technical ability, engineering, scientific or defence industries background looking to further their career. In return there are good starting salary packages of £19k with a guaranteed pay rise on successful completion of training plus a very generous pension scheme, appraisals and continuous training, life assurance, company bonus, gym, worldwide travel and excellent career prospects in an established reputable global company. Apply now!
This role is a permanent full time role of 37.5 hours per week and will involve regular travel both national and sometimes internationally to meet clients and distributers. This role is based out of Andover so you must be commutable to that site. This is an exciting role where no two days are the same and would suit a driven engineering professional willing and able to travel at short notice to meet client demands and deliver excellent customer service. You are rewarded for travel and get days back in lieu or bonuses for this. Our prestigious world wide client prides themselves in being market leaders and are looking for confident and passionate hard working professionals to join their teams.
Working as part of the cross functional multi-skilled medical scientific engineering team, the key responsibilities of these service engineers and maintenance technician roles include travelling to client sites and distributors to technical advice, services, training and demonstrations and repairs / maintenance of their specialist scientific equipment.
The ideal trainee service technician / maintenance engineer will have the below skills and experiences;
- Engineering qualifications / scientific qualifications (engineering, scientific, microbiology, bio-medical, military, biotechnology, defence, pharmaceutical, life sciences or a genuine interest in these sectors, for example as a hobby / weekend work doing cars up, vehicle restoration etc
- Technical hands on experience and ability- you must be technically adept and willing to learn and develop
- Full UK passport and driving licence is required due to national and international travel- you must be able and willing to travel with no restrictions as some clients require security clearance
- You must be commutable to the Andover site (travel can be home based but the role is in Andover)
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and be a team player
- True willingness to learn and develop a career within this niche industry
Any maintenance engineering / service / repair experience ideally (although training will be provided on the specialist equipment and services)
The benefits and rewards:
- Excellent continuous training and development into a career of service technician within the engineering scientific medical sectors plus guaranteed pay increase on successful completion of training and appraisals
- International travel and UK travel- you get to see the world!
- Excellent weekend day rates for engineers £50 weekend, £75 for bank hols) plus time off in lieu on top
- Good starting holiday allowance plus an additional day off for your birthday!
- Company Gym,
- Contributory pension scheme, generous life assurance, childcare vouchers and more!
To apply please email your cv with your salary expectations and how you meet our clients engineering scientific service engineer criteria.