An excellent new Finance Analyst opportunity has been created within a well-known performing arts business in the city centre of Wolverhampton that is going through exciting times. As a Finance Analyst you will be requires to have a 'commercial mind' to be active in providing key commercial analytical information to senior Directors to support the business's future growth plans.
The Finance Analyst role will give you the opportunity to add value to the business, giving you financial, operational and commercial exposure and will step change your accountancy career. A truly unique opportunity with a progressive company where you can add value to help grow the business.
The Finance Analyst will be reporting directly to the Finance Director and work as part of a small finance team in a busy office and be instrumental to adding commercial value to the business:
The main duties for the Finance Analyst include:
- Accounting: Production of accurate and timely accounts for main events and understanding the sales and profitability per event;
- Commercial Support: Provide commercial support and analysis to SMT by providing finance insight on trends, identifying potential opportunities and financial evaluation of existing and new business opportunities
- Business Partnering: Be pivotal in providing financial analytical insight at operational meetings to aid decision making, and proactively challenge the performance of each event and work with the Operations team and other support functions to improve future performance;
- Analytical: Provide meaningful MI to support commercial decision making by creating business finance models;
- Budget and forecasting: Assist in the delivery of the budget and forecasting process across the business and take an active role in forecasting, the annual budget and also the five year plan;
- Report Writing: Provide analyse and interpret data into a 'reader friendly' report format for non-finance stakeholders to understand;
- Adhoc Duties: Any added value commercial and analytical projects that the Directors deem necessary to grow the business as part of the role;
- To influence thinking at all levels and, as such, should have the confidence to form and share your opinions.
Ideally the candidate will be:
- Either part qualified or qualified accountant preferably CIMA/ACCA/ACA, QBE will be considered if you can demonstrate commercial acumen;
- Have hands on accounts experience and worked within a fast paced, highly commercial environment;
- Preferably have working within project/event management/Retail sectors;
- Have strong commercial acumen;
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with key stakeholders both finance and non-finance;
- Possess good analytical skills and be able to manipulate data within Excel create meaning information that can be understood by the Directors and other stakeholders;
- Have had exposure to accounting systems Sage or Pegasus; and
- Worked on projects where profitability has been challenged and improved.