Financial Controller - Leisure - £60,000 - £75,000
My client is a leading Leisure and tourism business headquartered in London with offices spanning the globe. They are currently looking to add a Financial Controller to their successful and well established finance team.
As the Financial Controller you will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management. Key activities:
- Ensure that the local finance teams maintains accurate and timely local finance ledgers
- Ensure the period close and reporting is timely and accurate.
- Ensure the IBM teams provide the outsourced accounting services for the local office to he agreed quality and timeliness.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, regulations and systems defined by the global finance functions are fully implemented
- Act as the primary contact for finance/tax/legal topics to the local business and function heads
- Support local business with in-depth financial information and analysis
- Provide coaching of finance team in their scope of responsibility
- Overall ownership of local cashflow (including timely collection of AR) and currency management
- Raise potential financial, business, legal or other risks and opportunities proactively to regional finance functions and local business & function heads
- Drive continuous improvement and lead an effective finance organization within the assigned scope in close alignment with regional finance functions including talent management
- Ensure staff engagement by actively communicating with the finance teams and staff development
- Liaise with local authorities and advisors for legal and tax related matters
To apply to this great opportunity you will need to be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous financial control and management reporting experience of at least 5 years as well as extensive people management. You will have experience of dealing with complex international and multi-currency organisations with strong interpersonal skills gained including the ability to communicate effectively with all audiences. Experience of GAAP, IFRS, TAX & VAT compliance is a must for this role paired with a excellent attention to detail, Timeliness and quality of reconciliations.