Do you love a good deal? That feeling you get when you buy something for less than it should have been, or with something extra thrown in for free? Fancy having that feeling at work each and every day? Then this could be just the job for you! A leading European distributor of industrial parts are in the process of strengthening their procurement function through the introduction of 4 newly created roles of Buyer.
The successful Buyer will be joining a business that boast significant European market share, with operations in 28 countries and annual sales in excess of $2.4b. They currently carry a product range of over 600,000 SKUs, covering a range of both specialist and general products, and offer a secure, long term career opportunity as well as a fantastic working environment set out in the countryside amongst rolling fields, big trees and one or two cows!
As Buyer you will be responsible for the execution of day-to-day purchasing activities including placement of all requisitions routed through the appropriate channel. You will drive savings through negotiation, use of preferred suppliers and consolidation of spend. The business is currently moving to a new ERP system (Kerridge K8) and you will help ensure this system is fully adopted and maximised at all times. You will help move as much of the Company spend as possible on to purchase cards and ensure the supply chain is tightly controlled.
To be considered for this Buyer role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a buying role, ideally within an industrial consumables / MRO / retail high SKU environment.
- Strong negotiation skills - you will love doing a deal and securing the best possible commercial terms
- Excellent communication skills, both with suppliers and internal customers enabling you to build outstanding relationships
- A strong customer service focus
- Experienced and confident in risk management activities related to a purchasing function, including contractual risk, reputational risk, regulatory and ethical risks
- CIPS advantageous but not essential
- A strong desire to progress and further your procurement / purchasing career with a business that is looking to significantly invest in this department for the future.
In return the successful Buyer will receive a remuneration package that includes the following:
- Base salary of circa £25-28k
- Bonus of up to 20% of basic salary
- Contributory Pension
- 20 Days Holiday rising 1 day a year up to 25 days
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles