Retail Sales Assistant
Brite Services are recruiting for a Retail Sales Assistant to work for a lead designer tile company based in Cheltenham.
As part of the shop team you will be responsible for providing knowledge and advice to customers in a professional, personalised and friendly manner.
This is a full time position working 5 days over 7 including some weekends, offering a competitive salary of £16,500 per annum plus commission!
Retail Sales Assistant Main Responsibilities:
- Greet customers and establish their wants or needs, without being overbearing.
- Complete a sale efficiently, being able to accurately handle money, credit card transactions etc. and provide the customer and the company with the necessary paperwork associated with the sale.
- Maintain knowledge of: current sales and promotions; policies regarding payment and exchanges; security practices.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs.
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales. Take delivery of stock from the main warehouse and store appropriately.
- Watch for and recognise security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
Retail Sales Assistant Key Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, developing a genuine understanding of the client's needs and projects;
- Suggest design concepts and proposals to present to customers;
- Adapt design skills to promote products;
- Creativity, imagination and energy;
- Willingness to learn and retain product knowledge and convey this effectively and accurately to customers;
- Accuracy when handling money;
- Good IT and computer skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team or to work unsupervised while maintaining high standards
A flair for interior design with previous work experience and/or studies in art and design would be a definite advantage.Structured training will be provided along with the potential for career progression within a rapidly growing company.
You will need a valid driving licence to be eligible for this role
If you meet all or most of the above criteria then apply today!