A well established, family run business is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to support the Head of Finance with the Group's management accounting processes and procedures. Working within a small Finance team based in Norwich, the role responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the Finance team in preparation of monthly management accounts and ledger closure
* Reconcile and update fixed assets and post monthly depreciation charge to the management accounts
* Maintaining cashbook and preparation of weekly bank reconciliations
* Preparing calculations of and posting accruals and prepayments, including rents, rates, utilities and rebates
* Complete weekly KPI's]
* To ensure that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (payment dates) are met
* To ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, or in accordance with best practice
* To produce Suggested Payment Report & BACS Report for the Head of Finance
Previous experience of the duties highlighted coupled with knowledge of Sage Line 50 is essential. In addition the following attributes are also desirable.
* AAT Qualified/Studying or equivalent experience
* Relevant knowledge and understanding in a similar role.
* The ability to work effectively in a team environment and to process deadlines.
* Advanced working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and the internet.
* High attention to detail and an orderly approach to working.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity then please contact Graham @ Atkinson Moss.