Technical Solutions Manager - Database
About The Role
We are currently looking for a Technical Solutions Manager - Database to provide the day to day direction and management of a team of technology experts providing the agreed service to the business. Ensures all Technical Solutions are delivered to timescales and meet agreed standards. Monitors the compliance of the team to ensure they operate with agreed standards and appropriate policies.
Ensures team(s) is adequately resourced and skilled to provide adequate supply to meet the demands of the portfolio, and pro-actively manages risks where supply does not match demand.
Plans and implements project work for themselves and through their team that meets set objectives to quality standards and within agreed timescales.
Ensures that all project work across the team considers security, capacity planning, contingency and support in line with current published policies.
Develops, implements, documents, and communicates procedures and standards to facilitate the smooth delivery of new and existing infrastructure solutions.
Essential skills and experience:
- Oracle RDBMS
- Dataguard and high availability.
- RMAN backup and recovery.
- SQL Server Database (2005, 2008, 2012) installation & management
- Performance tuning and monitoring.
- Technical Engineering team coaching and management
- E-business suite (HR/Finance)
- Experience of Oracle based applications (both backend and mid-tier).
- Experience of running bespoke .net applications running on large Oracle databases.
- Oracle Application Server (forms and reports).
- Netezza Data Warehouse appliance and change data capture.
- Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change control, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.