Senior PHP Developer Building the world's best online learning platform
Benefits & What to Expect
- Salary range between £40k and £55k, we are hiring more than one developer at different levels
- 2 minute walk from the tube station
- Pension, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Gym Discount, Childcare Benefits and Flexi-Working
- Technology fluid environment, we're constantly learning and adding to our tech
Code the world’s best online learning platform
Above all, your team’s work will help hundreds of thousands of online learners to develop their professional and digital skills each year.
What you’ll do
- Build our learning platform (based on Moodle) which powers all AVADO courses, we don't require you to know Moodle.
- Deliver high quality code, working in an environment that embraces DevOps methods
- Collaborate with other developers, product owners and learning technologists
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Work from our office in vibrant Hammersmith, just minutes from 3 tube lines.
Who you are
- You are experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques
- You care about front and back end web technologies, from the UI to the database
- You can tell us about the projects and teams that you’ve worked with, and the problems that you’ve solved together
- Familiarity with some or all of: PHP5, PHP7, Behat/Gherkin, PHPUnit; HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 3, Git/Bitbucket/JIRA, Symfony, Linux, Nginx, Apache
- Familiarity with CI/CD/DevOps tools like Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Terraform
What you’ll get from us
- To work in the best PHP development team in London
- Strong executive support for your team
- The opportunity to use the latest development tools and methods
Who are AVADO?
AVADO is a ground-breaking EdTech company. We take engaged students, offer them meaningful outcomes and provide learning that works - our courses offer with some of the highest success and satisfaction rates in the industry. We partner with Google, the International Olympic Committee, Barclays, The Financial Times, the Chartered Institute of Professional Development (CIPD), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and many others. Our HQ is in London, with global offices in Singapore, Hamburg, New York and Mumbai.