Project Director/Construction Director
Job Title - Project Director
Salary - £70k-£80k
Location - Fulham, South West London
This is an exciting role for an experienced construction professional to help establish the construction division of an already successful property development company and in turn become a key part of its future. The chosen individual will have the opportunity to influence and share in the success of a rapidly growing company.
The company is a well-funded, privately owned, property developer with a focus on the London mid-range residential market, and a reputation for producing high quality schemes. As part of its expansion plans, the company is looking to further improve its operations by bringing construction work in-house.
- London based Construction company.
- Mid-range commercial market focus.
- Track record of success.
- Financially strong and rapidly expanding.
- Reputation for integrity, quality and detail.
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial culture.
- Commercial approach to operations.
You will be joining the business to work alongside the managing director in helping to establish its construction division and will play a lead role in developing the build teams and operations. Upon joining the company, you will be charged with delivering two. Initially the role will be very hands-on but will quickly expand as you successfully establish yourself within the company and the portfolio of live sites increases.
- Assemble a work force of site managers, sub-contractors and direct labour.
- Procure and manage sub-contractor work packages.
- Plan and program projects ensuring that all developments are delivered safely and successfully, in line with agreed quality, cost and time related criteria.
- Programs will be monitored, maintained and regularly reported on to the MD.
- Ensure the highest standard of H&S compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Appraise potential new sites for acquisition.
- Work with architects and engineers to ensure schemes are well designed and economical.
- Handle after sales and ensure snagging of properties.
- Help manage the promotion, development and expansion of the business and protect its reputation and interests.
- Minimum 10 years' post qualification experience preferred.
- Extensive experience on commercial projects.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of building control, planning regulations and general compliance procedures.
- Clear, demonstrable track record of success.
- Contact base of existing subcontractors and trade suppliers preferred.
- Construction related degree, or equivalent.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ideal candidate will be London based.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Strong organisation and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and provide leadership in the execution of complex construction projects.
- Manage multiple projects effectively.
- Assess operational effectiveness of sub-contractors.
- Analyse and interpret technical drawings accurately and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of house building process and industry, including design and specifications.
- Broad knowledge of construction techniques (traditional, steel and concrete) and associated costs.
- Ambition to run department and help shape the company's future.
- A passion for excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced senior level construction professional who is looking to become more strategically involved in the business. In return you will be offered a generous remuneration package and the opportunity to build equity within a successful property development company.