Reporting to and supporting the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the day to day operational activities of the finance department and management of the finance team. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial ledgers/systems together with compliance with taxation and regulatory requirements.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING:
The post holder should have a minimum of three year’s experience within a similar role. Prior experience of managing a finance department and a team of at least three people is essential. Working within the construction industry or Infrastructure sector will be an advantage.
ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified.
The post holder will need to excel in the following areas:
- Communications skills
- Ability to multitask
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of business as well as financial issues
- Interpersonal skills
- Sound decision making
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managing the day to day operations of the finance function including the direct management of the finance team.
- Maintaining hire purchase and finance lease schedules and the posting of monthly interest charges
- Maintaining fixed asset schedules and the posting of monthly depreciation charges
- Monitoring and control of intercompany transactions/ledgers and the raising of appropriate invoices
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of financial transactions into accounting system.
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of financial ledgers/records through adherence to internal controls, financial processes and the use of relevant checks and reconciliations. In particular all balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Management of the month end close process in accordance with company timelines.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory and taxation returns in the UK and Ireland, including VAT, CIS, RCT, VAT etc.
- Key finance contact and responsible for maintaining effective and proactive relationship with key stakeholders including:
- Client financial departments
- Internal departments and staff
- Regulatory Bodies
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Suppliers and sub-contractors as required
- Support FC in preparation of departmental budgets, forecasts and cash flows and tracking of same.
- Support FC in the preparation management and financial accounts.
- Support FC in timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Support FC in financial modelling and analysis as required
- Support FC in delivering cash management targets and treasury duties
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Deputise FC for board meetings as required
- Trusted business partner and financial support for senior staff
- Work with FC on Management and monitoring of contract profitability
- Support FC in development of the accounting systems and processes improvement
- Financial support and analysis to all parts of the business
- Support FC in financial analysis of acquisition opportunities
General Duties and Responsibilities
To carry out any other duties as may from time to time be required by your Line Manager compatible with the nature of your post.
The post holder shall work closely with key stakeholders to provide proactive recommendations on business and financial processes. This will include improving current business and financial systems, and the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure targets are achieved in an efficient and cost effective manner in sync with Financial Controller
NB: It should also be noted that the above list of duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only. These general roles and responsibilities are current at the date shown below. It should also be noted that changing circumstances in relation to the Group may require changes to this job description to be made. Under these circumstances the post holder shall be fully consulted.
ReachActive is a contractor specialising within the Power, Construction, Multi Utility Diversions, Telecommunications, District Heating, Building Management Services and Rail Divisions. We pride ourselves in meeting our clients specific requirements with the aim of delivering each project safely, no matter how complex within expected budget and programme. Our objective is to attain the highest standards of SQE achievable for our staff, clients and associates.
Why Join Reach Active? Our People Are Our Most Important Asset. Our prevailing culture is one of participation, high commitment and high reward. We have created an environment where all our employees can thrive and flourish.
To do this we:
- Create an open and honest management style which tells you what the company is doing and what are our business strategy and objectives.
- Provide opportunities for personal development and enhanced skills.
- Ensure adequate resources are provided so that our staff are not put in prolonged and unduly stressful situations.
- Empower our people with the necessary authority in accordance with their level of responsibility to successfully achieve their project goals.
- Show due respect and appreciation for the efforts and results.