KennedyPearce Consulting are working on a new role for a leading legal firm based in Wimbledon. They are recruiting a reporting accountant who is studying towards their ACCA or CIMA qualification and has experience with management accounts. This is a fantastic, well respected company with a really modern and interactive working culture.
- Maintenance of the financial records of the firm and the production of management reports
- Management of month end and year end processes
- Lead the annual budgeting process,
- Check payroll and make journal entry
- Liaise regularly with the budget holders to support their understanding of their budgets and track progress
- Preparation of trial balance for audit purposes and day to day liaison with the external auditors
- Maintenance and preparation of regulatory returns including VAT, data for submission to industry surveys and National Statistics
- Management of financial controls within the department, including reviewing and testing of regular housekeeping activities, checks to ensure system balancing and reconciling key balances
Qualifications and experience:
- qualified or near qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- experience of working in a professional services organisation, preferably a law firm.
- Advanced Excel skills
- A thorough understanding of the full range of standard accounting practices within a progressive firm in the legal sector, to include knowledge of regulatory requirements in respect of VAT guidelines, Solicitors' Accounts Rules and Money Laundering Regulations