Audit Assistant Manager - Big 4 - St Albans
Cambridge Credentials are recruitment partners with this highly successful Big 4 firm that has recently won 10 out of their last 13 FTSE 250 client pitches. As a result, this is your opportunity to gain audit exposure to some of the largest, complex and most challenging corporate client in the South East.
Based in their St Albans office your role as a Manager will see you being heavily involvement in client tenders with regards to strategy, relationship building and how the client will be managed. This firm plays a proactive part in developing their staff and you can expect they will do all they can to help you progress to Manager, Senior Manager and more.
You will work on controls based audits, allowing you to develop relationships with the client far beyond the main finance team, making for a more interesting and rewarding experience.
- Audit planning and the delivery of the audit plan to the client;
- Day to day management of field teams, including reviewing work of staff members;
- Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information;
- Management of reporting requirements, including attendance at meetings;
- Lead teams on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work;
- Develop and mentor more junior members of staff;
- Involvement in tendering for new clients.
Technical and soft skills required:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA or equivalent);
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK GAAP reporting standards;
- Experience in auditing clients in accordance with PCAOB regulations is preferable, but not essential;
- Previous experience working as an audit manager.
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated and committed;
- Positive and ambitious attitude;
- Ability to develop strong client relationships;
- Project management capabilities.
As you progress, there will be opportunities for foreign travel and overseas secondments to key geographic global markets of the Americas, APAC and EMEA. Working in this team will accelerate your opportunity to build your international network as well as a UK network within the firm.
Please note, our client will sponsor candidates with UK external audit experience who require Tier 2 General visa sponsorship.
If you are seeking that next challenge, or perhaps opportunities to progress are lacking in your current company, then we would love to hear from you. This company actively promotes progression based on merit and, if you are passionate about furthering your career in audit, you can expect to get promoted to Manager within 12-24 months depending on your performance.