Corporate Governance Manager
To manage and take responsibility for the day to day operation of the corporate governance of the business, ensuring that all Terms of Reference are in place and appropriate. To ensure that all statutory and governing record-keeping is maintained and held for the required time periods.
1. Manage the daily running of the Corporate Governance record-keeping of the business, ensuring that all Terms of Reference are accurate and maintained.
2. Work with the Regulatory Risk Management Team to ensure that all Executive Reporting is completed in a timely manner.
3. Be responsible for the preparation of the executive reports for the Governance Committees (Strategic Committee, Group Executive Committee and Divisional Executive Committee Meetings).
4. Attend the Governance Meetings and ensure that the Minutes are prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
5. Ensure that any action points raised in the meetings are circulated to members immediately following the meetings.
6.Maintain a register of the Group’s Governance structure and committees.
7. Maintain a register of the Group’s Governance Membership.
8. Ensure consistency of approach across all main and sub-committees.
9. Provide reporting to the FirstRand Group in London and South Africa as required.
10. Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of the UK and FirstRand’s corporate governance requirements.
11. Arrange your yearly diary to facilitate attendance at the relevant Governance Committees, including the preparation time required to supply the meeting reports.
12. Assist with Regulatory advice and guidance in relation to new and amended legislation and regulations) in conjunction with the Regulatory Risk & Compliance Manager ("RRCM").
13. Assist with the approval of financial promotions and ensure that regulatory risks as assessed, where required.
14. Be responsible for embedding of, and on-going compliance with the FCA principle of "Treating Customers Fairly" and good consumer outcomes into the company via the Conduct Risk Committee.
15. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance’s operation in the UK (e.g. FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, Companies Act, etc.) as advised by Line Management.
16. Recognise, recommend and where appropriate implement improvements to processes and procedures, ensuring that the efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the department are maintained and activities are in line with current methods. Encourage ideas and suggestions to help achieve strategic aims.
17. Ensure that all system based records are maintained in an accurate and timely manner (and ensure that data integrity is maintained at all times) as prescribed by regulatory, legislative and company procedures.
18. Regularly review and evaluate management information to maximise the performance of the department. Ensure this information is provided and communicated in an appropriate and timely manner.
19. Ensure that prompt and regular communication and support is maintained between all internal and external parties to ensure seamless and consistent service levels are maintained at all times, reporting exceptional matters to line management.
20. Maintain and review department policies and procedures, or create new ones as required to ensure they are sufficiently robust. Ensure processes are adhered to fully, recognising, recommending and where suitable implementing improvements.
21. Establish efficient operating standards to ensure that all costs are controlled and monitored in accordance with approved budgets and in addition to promoting a culture of cost consciousness throughout the Company.
22. Ensure department compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, including not exhaustively; Credit Consumer Act, Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, Health and Safety, FLA, Employment and other legislative requirements (as applicable), Companies Act.
23. Where necessary, maintain laid down standards of discipline, rules and regulations in relation to recruitment, training, performance reviews, grievances, disciplinaries and counseling.
24. Delegate and oversee work undertaken ensuring the department operates effectively and efficiently and that all administrative tasks are completed to a high standard.
25. Be responsible for dealing with the more complex queries from both staff and external sources to provide an informed response which results in an appropriate consumer outcome, always referring to the TCF Charter
Excellent Benefits Scheme, Including Pension (employer contribution of 10%), Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Child Care Vouchers and so many benefits of being part of an Investors in People accredited, 'Best Companies’ business.
Please note to be successful at being shortlisted for interview you will need to successfully pass a credit check.
Thank you for your interest in MotoNovo Finance. We endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to the volume of CV's received if you do not receive a response within two weeks please treat your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.