Immigration Caseworker - Leeds
My Client is currently recruiting for a caseworker to join their busy head office in Leeds city centre. The position is based within the Immigration department and key objectives will be to provide high quality legal advice, assistance & advocacy for clients of the firm and contribute to maintaining high standards of client care.
The ability to deliver a friendly, professional, quality service in all dealings with clients and other parties is essential. The successful applicant will have a pleasant, helpful manner, strong organisational skills and will enjoy working under pressure, meeting deadlines and maintaining high levels of accuracy while doing so.
- Managing own caseload in compliance with LSC contractual & LEXCEL requirements.
- Taking client instructions, providing legal advice and assistance on immigration and asylum matters.
- Advising clients on their immigration and legal options.
- Advising and assisting clients in presenting their case to the Home Office.
- Advising clients about decisions reached on their cases.
- Preparing cases for representation before the Immigration Tribunals.
- Representing clients at the Immigration Tribunals.
- Working according to the Solicitors Accounts Rules, the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors and LAA quality assurance standards and the firm’s Office & Accounts Procedure Manuals.
- Travelling within and outside Leeds to take clients instructions and attend interviews.
- Dealing with immigration queries from the public over the telephone and at weekly drop-in centres.
- Time-recording of work accurately and promptly.
- Maintaining knowledge and skills through legal training and research.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures.
- Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm.
Key Skills - Desirable
- Experience and confidence in presenting appeals (advocacy)
Qualifications - Essential
- Level 1 or higher Immigration & Asylum Accreditation Scheme (SRA/LAA)
Qualifications - Desirable
- Level 2 or higher Immigration & Asylum Accreditation Scheme (SRA/LAA)
Experience - Essential
- Experience of working as an Immigration Caseworker
In return the company offer a competitive salary, generous holidays and the opportunity to progress.
Please apply by contacting Liz at TSR Legal