Financial Accounts Manager - Kettering
We are recruiting for an experienced Financial Accounts Manager, ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, to join an established firm of accountants that specialises in providing outsourced services to a varied client base.
The firm is ambitious, continues to grow and is now looking to expand further. So we are looking for an ambitious and energetic individual who enjoys providing a proactive accountancy service to clients.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Providing a financial accounting service to clients to provide meaningful financial information.
· Managing the Financial Accounts department and the performance of a team of financial accountants dealing with a portfolio of SMEs.
· Providing ongoing training, advice and support to the team members.
· Ensuring appropriate accounting procedures are in place and that financial controls are robust enabling prompt and accurate processing of accounting transactions.
· Ensuring that all client monthly and quarterly trial balances and supporting information are accurate and fully reconciled within agreed timescales.
· Liaising with the Management Accounts team as and when required.
Skills & Experience
· CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified, or equivalent with SME accounting system experience, proficient in the preparation of statutory accounts and with knowledge of corporation tax.
· Up to date knowledge of accounting standards and statutory accounts disclosures.
· Ability to lead, manage and support a team working in a multi-client environment requiring experience in multi-tasking.
· Excellent client service along with the ability to develop client relationships.
· Strong verbal & written communication skills.
· Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
· Ability to prioritise workloads
· Good knowledge of a variety of accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
This is a role which will suit either a qualified accountant working in Practice or currently working in industry and interested in developing their financial accounting career and people management skills in a role which deals with the financial accounting processes for a number of clients simultaneously.
There are prospects for progression as the business continues to grow.