Italian and/ or Spanish speaking Event and Sales Coordinator
Our client, an entrepreneurial event organiser based in Tunbridge Wells, is looking for a Multi lingual (Italian and/ or Spanish and English) Event and Sales Coordinator to join their busy team.
Founded in 1993, they are a specialist event organiser that focus on providing a 1st class events experience to both their visitors and exhibitors, resulting in a strong portfolio of events in many different sectors including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, education and biomedical.
You will be working across 3 established events held overseas. The company believe in empowering their staff and internal progression with increased responsibility is encouraged making this a fantastic step in your career.
The unique aspect of this role is that is has both support and active sales opportunities. This will allow you to build your own client base (have direct client contact), liaise closely with exhibitors, venues / contractors as well as provide support activities to the other members of the teams.
The sales element includes:
- Support for sales in relation to website logos, catalogue advertising and e-marketing
- Monitoring the actions of the sales agent in Italy and working with the manager to identify new potential exhibitors
- Calling existing and potential exhibitors
- Selling across the exhibition, conference, sponsorship
- Generating other relevant revenue streams
- Face-to-face meetings with potential and current exhibitors
- Attend industry B2B exhibitions, seminars and networking events
- Managing relationships with potential and current exhibitors
- Updating floor plans when stands are sold
- Discussing pre and post show marketing activity with exhibitors
- Briefing exhibitors on how to get the best results from the show/conference
- Generating new opportunities
- Maximising incoming stand enquiries
- Lead sourcing
- Weekly & monthly reporting, sales forecasts, prospects and new business development ideas
An Event Coordinator makes a very important contribution to the successful organising of an exhibition or conference. It is the attention to the speed and quality of service levels that will make our client stand apart from any other organiser.
The role of an Event Coordinator is to ensure that the administration of the event is managed as smoothly and efficiently as possible with due consideration and attention given to the time constraints.
The ideal candidate will be involved in the following areas of activities:
- Supporting staff working on the event. Such staff include but are not limited to: exhibition director, sales manager, conference chairman, etc.
- Administering an exhibition. Supporting the needs and demands of exhibitors, managing accommodation, and providing information to venues, contractors, etc.
- Administering a conference. Liaising with speakers, responding to delegate requirements, providing information to venues, contractors, etc.
- Managing timescales. Ensuring that deadlines are met for activities that include but are not limited to promotion deadlines (advertising copy, printed material, inserts, mailings, e-campaigns), contractors, venue, catering, support staff, speakers, exhibitors, etc.
During the planning period of an exhibition, leading up to the open period, all exhibitors must be called regularly and at least once per 2 or 3 month period.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and confident communicator who is driven to provide excellent customer service and able to think outside of the box to provide creative solutions for clients:
- English, Italian and/ or Spanish language skills
- Proven track record in sales or a graduate who has a keen interest in events and is a fast learner
- Consultative sales approach
- Good communicator and inquisitive mind
- Very well organised
- High attention to detail
Basic salary £22,000 plus commission opportunities to circa 3K.