Commercial Finance Business Partner
Churchill Howard are recruiting a Commercial Finance Business Partner for a fast paced retail business in Birmingham. The role supports senior operational stakeholders and involves providing decision support, trend analysis and management information to inform key commercial decisions specifically around marketing and sales activity.
The team structure is laid out to ensure the successful Commercial Finance Business Partner will have a defined progression path through to Commercial Finance Manager (at which point they will manage both qualified at part qualified accountants) which will be achievable within 12 - 18 months.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial ownership of sales, margin, income, capital spend and costs.
- Business Partner to senior operational managers
- Quarterly forecasting and budgeting, highlighting opportunities and risks to stakeholders to ensure strategy is in line with overall business objectives.
- Daily, weekly, monthly reporting and understanding of sales and margin variances
- Supporting key projects across finance, covering forecasting and reporting improvements.
- Evaluation of key marketing spend and proposing actions to maximise effectiveness in this area
- Deputising for the finance manager where appropriate
To be successful in the role, you will be a qualified accountant with strong commercial awareness who can demonstrate:
- Initiative and drive
- Ability to drive insight from data
- Confidence in making recommendations and dealing with senior stakeholders
- Previous experience of business partnering
- Leadership capabilities, including prioritisation and delegation
- Advanced Excel skills
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.