Role: Engineering Manager
Location: Commutable from Newbury, Reading, Oxford, Bristol, Swindon and Andover
Salary: £48,000 - £58,000 per annum + Vehicle/Car Allowance + Private Medical Insurance + Permanent Health Insurance +Life Assurance + Pension
A highly successful manufacturer offering a world class, innovative and fast paced environment are looking for a confident supervisor/manager to join their team.
Features & Benefits of working for this company
- Opportunity to contribute your ideas and implement changes to better improve maintenance and productivity
- Opportunities to advance your career and move up within this large company
- Opportunities to receive training and further development
- Work within an innovative environment that is rich with qualified, experienced, professional and down to earth Engineers
- Recent investment will allow you to take advantage of a larger site and newer machinery
Reporting directly to Head of Engineering, this is a critical role in maintaining the Engineering effectiveness whilst driving and implementing Kaizen and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
You will lead an experienced team of Maintenance and Facility Engineers, with two Coordinators reporting directly to you and 10 Engineers indirectly.
- Manage the Maintenance and Facilities Engineering team’s development and succession plans.
- Ensure SQEP (Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel), are equipped with the appropriate tools and knowledge, that equipment is fit for purpose and relevant procedures are accurate and available.
- Implement and drive Kaizen initiatives and the Continuous Improvement strategy for equipment reliability, Production needs and supporting departments.
- To work closely with the Quality and Production departments to ensure Engineering support
- Ensure compliance and Safety procedure to ensure a low level of failures and rejects.
- Financial Management of maintenance revenue budget to deliver agreed site and departmental objectives.
- Facilitate the Apprenticeship programme for Engineering with HR Supporting
- Recognise team external training needs and liase with HR to initiate and monitor training providers
- Completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Degree qualified is highly desirable
- Experience working within the manufacturing industry looking after team of Engineers
- Ideally you would have worked in either FMCG, Food or Pharmaceutical, however Automotive would also be considered
- 5 plus years Engineering Management experience
- Experience of improving maintenance programmes, increasing team morale and delivering against department KPI’s
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.