Assistant Management Accountant
Would you like to work for a large international logistics group based in Central London?
My client is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join the team, in a role that offers progression and development within the finance function.
Full study support provided.
- Analyse and maintain multi branch accounting databases for regions in UK and Europe
- Review postings from the AR and AP transaction team to ensure accuracy and completeness of subledgers and bank postings
- Prepare monthly journals and supporting working papers (salaries, deprecation, pre-payments, accruals)
- Prepare detailed analysis and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly profit and loss statements and analysis verses budgets
- Communicate P&L variances to branch managers
- Assist with weekly cashflow projections
- Participate in preparing annual budgeting and forecasting
- Drive cost saving efficiencies
- Provide insights into adapting and improving management reports using new technologies
- Review intercompany reconciliations and contra’s
- Prepare and file UK VAT filings (monthly/quarterly)
- Liaise with external accountants to prepare year-end accounts, corporate tax filings and VAT returns for Europe regions
- Ensure monthly/quarterly corporate tax instalments are filled and paid on time
- Assist with annual UK statutory audit in preparing audit schedules and liaising with auditors
- Update exchange rates daily in accounting system
Ad hoc projects
- Studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification (candidates who are not studying will also be considered)
- Computer literate, with good excel skills
- Motivated and proactive individual who is willing to involve themselves in all areas of finance.
Please apply with your CV ASAP. No cover letter required.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.