Would you like to work for a large international logistics group based in Central London?
My client is looking for an Finance Assistant to join the team, in a role that offers progression and development within the finance function.
Full study support provided.
- Check supplier statements
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Respond to queries on invoices
- Liaise with operations, as necessary
Sales Ledger/ Credit Control
- Maintain customer accounts
- Run credit checks
- Produce debtors’ statements and follow up with relevant customers
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Work to ensure a continuing reduction in debtor days
- Maintain cash flow spreadsheet
- Record credit control notes
- Maintain the deferment account control spreadsheet
- Maintain and communicate debtors report as required
- Compile overdue invoice reports and communicate as necessary
- Prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare and review outstanding VAT and Duty invoices
- Reconcile all bank accounts weekly, as directed
- Pay cheques into bank account daily
- Seek clarification from clients when payments are unclear
Monthly Management Accounts
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts ready for review
- Prepare all journals prior to month end
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash for review
- P&L preparation and variance reporting
- Inter-company settlements and reconciliation
- Prepare month end pack
- Assist with preparation of month end Group financial presentation
- Maintain the fixed asset register and journal depreciation Assist in preparation of year end audit packs and final accounts
- Re-charge group expenses and management fees as appropriate
- Assist with consolidated group accounts
Please apply with your CV ASAP. No cover letter required.
- Studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification (candidates who are not studying will also be considered)
- Computer literate, with good excel skills
- Motivated and proactive individual who is willing to involve themselves in all areas of finance.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.