Our client is a high-profile international transport organisation with a strong brand and impressive reputation. With very clear values, our client has successfully delivered high profile campaigns in the UK and overseas and continues to champion the needs its affiliates around the world.
The organisation is now looking to strengthen its senior management team by recruiting a commercially oriented and technically strong Director of Finance to take full accountability for running all aspects of the finance function. Operating across multiple territories and reporting directly to the General Secretary, this is a high profile appointment with significant exposure to the senior management team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a strong business partner to the General Secretary and broader management team, supporting commercial and operational decision-making across the organisation
- Ensuring the robustness of all financial controls, processes and systems, identifying any risks or weaknesses, creating effective solutions and then driving through and implementing value adding change
- Managing the delivery of budgeting, forecasting and planning processes - implementing a 'no surprises' reporting environment providing effective and accurate information
- Challenging assumptions and providing commercial analysis and insight to facilitate effective business decisions
- Providing clear leadership, development and on-going motivation of the finance team, ensuring that a high level of service is delivered by finance at all times
The successful candidate will be a 'hands on' qualified accountant with a strong technical background and broad commercial skill set. You will have proven experience of operating in a senior leadership capacity within a change-oriented, international environment. As an inspiring manager, you will possess prior experience of managing and successfully developing a finance team, while delivering improvements across processes and controls. Previous involvement in a systems improvement / implementation project would be highly desirable.
A confident and pro-active self-starter, you will be comfortable contributing to high-level strategic decision-making whilst being able to 'roll up your sleeves' and immerse yourself in the detail. With outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally, externally and cross-functionally. You will have the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner.
N.B. Cedar accepts CV uploads in 3 formats; MS Word, HTML and Simple Text. Please convert any PDF files to one of these formats before uploading. Thank you