Leicester City Centre
The developer's primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The candidate will also be responsible for providing end-points which allow for the integration of the front-end elements built by our mobile developers. Therefore, a basic understanding of mobile/server integration and front-end technologies will be required.
- Creation of end-points to allow for Integration of mobile elements with server side logic.
- Writing reusable, testable, efficient code.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Integration of databases and other data storage solutions.
Skills and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Node.js and frameworks available for it.
- Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming.
- Knowledge, experience and good practise using file repositories/versioning systems such as Git.
- Understanding of build tools like Grunt and Gulp.
- Experience using libraries such as Express, Socket.io and Sequelize.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- Basic understanding of mobile and front-end technologies, such as iOS, Android, Bootstrap HTML5, and CSS.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience with Digital Ocean and/or Amazon Web Services for deployment of applications.
A Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant subject (Computing or similar) will be a distinct advantage.
if you're interested or know anyone who is please respond in the first instance with your CV and code samples/Git profile.
Premier are acting as an employment agency