Head Chef - education contract - Reading
£20,000 - Mon-Fri working 42 weeks a year
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join an award winning and nationally recognised contract catering company to head up the kitchen at an education contract in Reading.
Writing your own menus you will provide an all fresh breakfast and lunch menu, you will manage and small team and you will control all costs & budgets.
ROLE - HEAD CHEF
As the Head Chef you will oversee the kitchen on site:
- Write and cost menus
- Order & control stock and manage wastage
- Hands-on on preparing and cooking food
- Maintain the client relationship
- Ensure all relevant compliance & legislation is adhered
- Deliver an excellent, well presented, and consistent service
- Drive sales through producing innovative dishes and menus
ATTRIBUTES - HEAD CHEF
- Experience as a head chef/chef manager in contract catering - ideally education
- Excellent people, communication, and supervisory skills
- Staff training and development skills
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- A hands-on approach
- Menu writing & costing
- The ability to inspire, lead, coach, and motivate
- Stock management
- IT literate - working with systems & procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.