An exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive
Your new company
Our client is a specialist value added distributor supplying electronic components including:
- Connectors, displays, touch screens, capacitors, relays, fans, power semiconductors and thermal printers
to a wide variety of Customers operating in the various markets including telecom, EDP, medical, industrial, defence, transportation, POS, instrumentation. Among the Suppliers they represents are Fujitsu, Powertip, Amphenol, Ebm Papst, 3M, Protek and Panasonic. To help sustain its continued growth, the Company is looking to recruit an experienced Internal Sales Executive.
Your new role
Job Description and responsibilities:
1. Generation and development of direct business: a) The generation of new customer prospects and account managing those prospects from the start of the sales cycle though to the post-sales operations. b) To look after assigned existing customers / accounts and to develop and increase these accounts accordingly.
2. Supporting, maintaining and developing Company Sales as follows:
Internal Sales a) Responding professionally to incoming sales calls. b) Preparing quotations and literature for customers. c) Maintaining quotations, samples and loan logs. d) Liaise with and offer support to external sales force. e) Resolve customer problems relating to pricing, supply and product selection. f) Maintain customer files and records. g) Maintain and update price lists as required. Telesales/Enquiry Generation/Database Management a) Proactively hunt for new companies and generate new opportunities for our products. b) Proactively call databases names to generate sales leads. c) Record/update information on database. Order Processing a) Take customer orders by telephone. b) Pass orders received to Operations in a timely manner.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client requires an experienced salesperson with:-
- A good knowledge of the electronic components marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of products, applications and potential customers
The ideal candidate will have:
- A technical or other suitable qualification - preferably to HNC level.
- Preferably a couple of years' sales experience.
- Familiarity with products sold.
- Commercial awareness of factors affecting profitability of a Company.
- An outgoing and presentable manner when communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues even when under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ambition to succeed.
- Target driven.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.