Account Director - New Business, fast growing FinTech business
We're looking for an ambitious Account Director - new business to join our team to drive the growth of our business. An exciting opportunity to join an early stage business and be an instrumental part of building a high growth start-up payments business.
- Basis: Permanent
- Location: Hammersmith, London
- Start: ASAP
Who we are
At Modulr we are rethinking business payments. We provide a flexible business payments platform which enables businesses to simplify complex payment flows delivering efficiencies and cost savings through automation. Our innovative approach to collecting and making payments delivers automated "straight through" processing and reconciliation - applicable to all businesses handling a regular flow of transactions. The precision we deliver enables our clients to comply with their audit and regulatory requirements for segregation, access, reporting and fee deduction. We enable businesses to scale and provide superior customer experiences through our API driven access to account creation, payment initiation and payment receipt confirmation.
We’re building our business by delivering these benefits to clients within specific industry verticals starting with alternative lending, invoice finance, insolvency and debt management, property management and marketplaces.
Our founding team has more than 60 years’ payments industry experience and have extensive experience of building and growing successful payments businesses, including CorporatePay a corporate prepaid card platform sold in 2012. Modulr is backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading venture builder. Founded in 1998, Blenheim Chalcot specialises in building digital businesses that transform industries. It’s portfolio of companies has sales of over £300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of building over 40 companies across IT services and outsourcing, education, financial services, software, sport and media.
This is a rare opportunity to help shape an exciting business from the outset, working in a tight-knit, high quality team with the experience to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market.
What we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our team to build and execute our sales strategy. We'd particularly love you to apply if:
- You're passionate about the products you sell as well as your clients and prospective clients.
- You care strongly about the quality and integrity of your outputs and those of your team and are excited by the challenge of delivering sales quotas.
- You enjoy being hands on and out in the market meeting, building relationships and selling to customers.
- You like collaborating with Product teams to deliver the best possible outcome by providing comprehensive feedback and data from clients and the broader marketplace to support the on-going development of the product.
- You have opinions about our products, client requirements and the markets in which we operate.
- You are comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical and things change on a regular basis.
- You’re excited by the opportunity to join us pre-launch to identify and close launch clients and partners.
We’ll need you to demonstrate world-class experience in:
- Autonomous, self-starting approach and proven ability to identify sales opportunities with new customers.
- Demonstrable track record in over-achieving demanding sales quotas on a quarterly and an annual basis.
- Experience selling complex solutions to senior executives across small to mid to large-size organisations and your proven ability to network, gain appointments, generate and grow a pipeline, negotiate, and close deals to meet and exceed quota.
- Delivering sales success through partnership channels such as technology platforms, integration partners, sales partners, and industry influencers.
- Managing the sales process through the complete sales cycle from lead generation and initial prospect contact through to successful closing and follow up sales activities.
- Some experience or strong understanding of commercial payments/ payment processing
- Preparing high quality presentations and proposals for submission to clients in support of new business pitches and bid opportunities.
- Delivering timely and accurate revenue forecasting and management information; and reporting on a regular basis using sales management tools such as Hubspot.
Experience in the following is preferred but is not essential:
- Experience in commercial payments, business banking or related technology markets is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of cash management, expense management, and accounts payable practices and services would be a strong benefit.
- Knowledge and experience of markets such as alternative lending, invoice finance, insolvency and debt management, property management and marketplaces.