My client, a leading manufacturer of world renowned scientific equipment based in Thame, are seeking a Junior Buyer / Purchasing Administrator to join their growing business.
The Junior Buyer / Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for procuring and expediting parts, components and services within a fast paced, high tech business. The buyer will use the company ERP system (Winman) to identify items to order, raise the order on the supplier to meet the demand requirements, contact suppliers to expedite orders and chase late orders.
This role is ideal for someone in their early career within purchasing, or seeking an entry level role to get into this industry. It would be suitable for someone who feels highly confident dealing with customers and suppliers, holds strong administration and system skills and who is keen to progress within an established organisation.
Location - High Wycombe
Salary - Up to £23,000 - Possible CIPS study support
Key responsibilities of the Junior Buyer / Procurement / Purchasing Administrator -
1. Use ERP identify the components, parts of services to procure
2. Review ERP suggestions to ensure they are correct and alleviate any ambiguities
3. Raise and place orders with suppliers
4. Expedite orders on a regular basis to ensure they will be delivered in time
5. Chase late orders with suppliers to improve delivery
6. Work with engineers to determine technical requirements
7. Using ERP process return goods to suppliers
8. Maintain good working relationships with suppliers and develop KPI's
9. Resolve invoice queries as required
10. Seek to make savings when and where possible
11. Will be required to work in stores on occasions
12. Will be required to carry out other administrative duties on occasion as specified by management
Key skills required for the position of Junior Buyer / Purchasing Administrator / Procurement Assistant -
* Previous experience of working in purchasing or in a similar role preferable
* Previous experience of using an ERP system (Winman preferred) but not essential
* Previous experience of using e-mail in a working environment and good communication skills
* Technically minded
* Diligent and pays attention to detail
* Team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment
* Strong communication skills
* Confident liaising at all levels
If you feel you have the skills necessary and are interested in this opportunity, then please apply below.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK