Care at Home Reablement Workers - Winchester City
Care at Home Reablement Workers
Location: Winchester City
Salary: £19,000 per annum pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time (flexible)
We will appoint the first two suitable applicants
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are recruiting Support Workers to our Care at Home and Personal Assistant Team. The service's main aim is to work alongside people to maximise their independence and maintain their quality of life. This includes aspects from personal care, medication and support with cooking, accessing the community, arranging appointments etc. assisting our clients with all aspects of their day to day lives.
One of the brilliant perks with this service is that we can be accommodating around working hours and working days. Our staff team provide support between the hours of 7:00 to 22:00 on a 2 week rolling shift pattern. As such we are really happy to consider part time support workers.
For this position it is essential that you are a car driver with access to a car for work use. The service covers the Winchester City area and travel time and expenses are paid. You must be fully willing to embrace the core principles of Reablement, allowing all individuals to benefit from our service, and always work with a person centred approach when looking at each client's needs and ensuring, we as a team, are able to meet these efficiently and safely. You will need to ensure each client receives a high standard of support on each individual visit, and ensure all risks have been minimised.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Care at Home Reablement Support Worker will:
* Be experienced and able to understand individuals needs/wishes including people who are elderly and those with a learning disability or mental health need.
* Have, or be willing to work toward the completion of Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
* Be able to build relationships and understand individuals strengths, abilities needs and wishes to help them become more independent.
* Understand how to accurately observe and record both progress towards goals and deterioration, as well as the importance of completing the required paperwork.
* Have the skills to enable people to undertake daily living skills, access available benefits to support themselves financially and signpost to other agencies to achieve positive outcomes
* Have good communication skills, including written, verbal and non verbal, and have a sound understanding of confidentiality and how this applies.
* Be flexible and able to work shifts, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays largely between the hours of 7am and 10pm
* Be a car driver with use of a car for work purposes and the appropriate level of insurance
* Have, or be willing to achieve, PaCT training on Positive Outcomes
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you'd relish we can't wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew, to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups. If this is something that interests you please ring for more details.