Our client, a well known group of manufacture / construction businesses with a rich history in the local area are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join, the role has future career potential with the opportunity of board consideration in the future.
A the Financial Controller you will report in to the Finance Director and provide support and advice to the Company to enable them to achieve their strategic aims.
- Manage the Finance team
- Produce management reports.
- Co-ordinate preparation of the budget.
- Produce statutory reports.
- Control the general ledger, sales ledger and purchase ledger.
- Look after VAT and ensure that returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Ensure that payroll is maintained.
- Manage internal control through prescriptive management accounts and tools.
- Manage external finance partied in the best interest of the company.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- You will be a Qualified Financial Controller (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CA) with a University Degree or equivilent
- A strong attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
- You will have good technical skills combined with first class budgeting, forecasting and analytical credentials.
- This role will include working with both Senior Financial and Non-Financial stakeholders on a regular basis and you must therefore be confident in challenging them to understand variances to expectations and emerging trends.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Financial Controller - Kent - Accountancy and Finance