Engineering Supervisor / Senior Engineer
Castle Engineering are working with a well known and growing food business based in York who are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer / Engineering Supervisor who can join their team and join their market leading management training program.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced engineers who have worked in the food sector to take a step up the career ladder and realise their potential. This is a hands on role working as part of the maintenance team but essentially the successful candidate will be on a course to step up and lead as the Engineering Manager once training has been completed.
- As the Engineering Supervisor you will be responsible for delegating and allocating specific jobs to the team as well as carrying out these duties yourself.
- You will be responsible for recording and logging all maintenance requests and fault repairs and working closely with the Production Supervisor to report back on any faults and progress reports.
- You will have responsibility for on site health and safety and for ensuring compliance with all food safety and personal hygiene procedures.
- You will have a clear understanding of the production plans and set up requirements for each applicable machine.
- You will proactively manage the scheduled work plans, shift engineers and ensure all machinery has received the correct start up checks.
Skills / background required
You will be a time served engineer, ideally with an electrical bias and have worked in the food industry business. You will have a desire to achieve great things in your career and have a professional manner whilst at work. You will consider yourself a hands on, creative engineer who constantly strives to get the best results. You will be open to further training and study and want to become an Engineering Manager.