Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager- Corporates
MLex, a division of Lexis Nexis, is a global news organization that specializes in predictive analysis of regulatory risk. Our expert journalists in London, Brussels, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Hong Kong, Beijing and Sao Paulo and Brussels track material changes in laws that affect business, commerce and trade. By breaking news and dissecting trends, we help companies and their advisers to anticipate critical regulatory decisions and events.
We provide this must-have, market defining, intelligence, analysis and commentary to finance, investment and legal professionals and to the executives who define strategy and manage risk for major companies worldwide.
Our subscription only solutions are delivered online.
Overview of Role
This role is hands on. You will be directly responsible for identifying and capitalising on new revenue opportunities in your defined territory to meet and exceed your revenue goals.
As an advocate for MLex you will build strong internal networks with both commercial and editorial colleagues and maintain a close understanding of our editorial output and its relevance to your prospects.
You will need to be highly confident, articulate and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Manage & grow pipeline through active prospecting
- Develop & execute strategic territory plans within territory to capitalize on market opportunity accurately forecasting new business month by month, and providing a three-month forecast at any given time.
- Manage complete sales cycle from lead identification through customer relationship management and deal closure.
- Providing the Chief Revenue Officer with forecasts and reports as and when requested by them.
- Timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports.
- Preparing a sales plan to displace competitive products within prospect base.
- Achieving and exceeding monthly targets as defined by the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Developing new contact either as decision-makers or influencers.
- Prioritising opportunities, ensuring maximum customer-facing time is achieved.
- Effectively working alongside other stakeholder departments to ensure an integrated approach to customer care and that market needs are being met.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the features, advantages and benefits of all MLex products, and be able to demonstrate them fully.
- Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
- Strong working knowledge of tools, principles, concepts and external frameworks in and affecting own area.
Specialist Knowledge / Skills Required
- Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales environment, with experience of working in B2B and in an account management or sales role.
- Background in a publishing or an online solutions environment preferred, with strong negotiation skills necessary.
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining excelling client relationships.
- Business and industry knowledge
- Leadership and people development
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal effectiveness and communication
- Delivery of results and impact on business results