Sales & Marketing Executive - Cornish Charcuterie
Please note applications must be submitted via the Unlocking Potential Jobs website.
Do you love food? Do you care about the provenance of food? Does it excite you to find and cultivate a market you want to sell to and ultimately make that sale through great customer interaction and experience? Do you want to be part of a close knit team, in a business that is growing, and be part of that success? Then we want to hear from you at Cornish Charcuterie. Make sure you look at our recruitment video and tell us why we should be talking to you now!
Cornish Charcuterie is based at Norton Barton, a 350-acre working farm overlooking Bude. Set up by Richard and Fionagh Harding, who moved here eleven years ago with their four children, they created Cornish Charcuterie who, using the farm’s own home-reared livestock, now create Pates, Rillettes, Chorizo and Salami which we sell to the retail market nationwide.
Over the years the farm has grown and is now home to a number of other food producers including POPTI Cornish Bakehouse, and new to 2017, the Cornish Distilling Company. The plan going forwards is to turn Norton Barton into a food destination - a place where locals and tourists can come to witness great food being produced, whilst enjoying the facilities of a tea room, farm shop and woodland walk.
The aspirations for Norton Barton are really exciting and this is a great opportunity to get involved and be a part of what is happening here in the developing stages. We are looking for someone that will grow with us and become part of our dedicated and friendly team.
Does this next bit sound exciting?
As Norton Barton grows in both the production side and efficiency of the packing areas, we require somebody to help grow sales in new and existing places. Working closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager, Kate, and the Sales and Credit Administrator, Tracy, you will incorporate more digital marketing capability and activity for Cornish Charcuterie and Norton Barton as a whole. We would like to develop our online presence via social media and other marketing opportunities.
We are seeking a great team player wanting to continue and/or develop their career within sales and marketing in the food production sector, ready to get going in the summer!
Is this something you could do?
Roll up your sleeves in this established, growing business, and typically on a day to day deliver;
- Marketing; boosting our social media presence and researching other marketing opportunities for the business - there is a lot happening here, so there’s a lot to shout about!
- Sales; as a result of marketing activity, making initial contact with new potential clients with the aim of converting to clients
- Existing clients; responding to any customer enquiries in an efficient and helpful manner, maintaining the professional relationship we have built up with them
- Working with the team; getting involved, as needed, with all aspects of what is happening here at Norton Barton, with good open communication
How is your profile stacking up?
- A minimum HND qualification in Marketing, Business, Events & Tourism or similar
- Previous experience within a sales and/or marketing role, food sector a distinct advantage
- Interest and/or experience in social media for business use
- Friendly and approachable character with ability to develop relationships quickly with customers and colleagues
- An excellent written and spoken communicator, who is happy and confident to talk on the phone
- Able to work under pressure with a sense of humour
- A team player, diligent, shows initiative and self-driven
- Organised and able to balance work-load
- Interest in food would be great
- Due to the rural location, having a driving license and access to a vehicle is essential
- Flexibility to travel for trade shows as and when required
- Eligible to work in the UK
Other application details
The role is 9-5.30pm, Monday to Friday. There may be times when we require some flexibility to work at weekends with trade shows for example.
1st stage interviews will take place week commencing 15th May 2017.
Please include your CV and a cover letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for this role.