Environmental Manager Construction
We currently have available an excellent opportunity for a Environmental Manager to join one of the UK's leading construction companies. If you're experienced in working within the HSEQ industry (within construction) and think this could be of interest, please read on!
The Environmental Manager will join an established HSEQ team within the business and be responsible for providing support, advice and guidance on a wide variety of environmental and sustainability issues across the company's large portfolio of projects.
This role is initially for a 12 month fixed contract, but there may well be an opportunity to go perm after this.
The ideal Environmental Manager will have excellent experience with environmental legislation, ISO 14001 & 50001, maintaining reporting systems and various other codes of practice relevant to the modern construction and facilities management industry as we're seeking someone for this role to take a leading position within the team.
In terms of the location of the work, you'll be reporting to the company's head office in Watford, but you'll also spend a good amount of time visiting sites and projects around the South East & London.
As mentioned at the start, this is a great opportunity and will offer the right candidate an excellent challenge, so please get in touch if you feel this is the role for you and have the relevant Environmental Management experience we're looking for!
Environmental Manager Requirements:
- 5+ Years experience as an Environmental Manager or HSEQ Manager in the construction industry
- Strong knowledge of current environmental legislation, ISO 14001 and ideally 50001
- Either degree qualified or own relevant professional qualifications in Environment Management.
- Practitioner Membership (PIEMA) of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment.
- Leadership skills to support other team members in the HSEQ department
- Able and willing to travel to various sites around London, the South East and occasionally other parts of the UK.
- Self-motivated and with excellent communication & problem solving skills
Environmental Manager Package:
12 Month fixed term contract
Basic salary up to £45,000