Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To process and accurately record all fully approved supplier invoices into the Accounts Payable sub-ledger ready for payment by the due date. Reconciling supplier statements to the account on the ERP system and resolving any differences. Partnering the business to ensure all disputed invoices are resolved in a timely manner and costs are recognised in the appropriate cost centre and General Ledger account.
- Preparing and entering supplier invoices, ensuring correct coding and VAT treatment is captured.
- Obtain appropriate approvals in accordance with company policy.
- Supplier statement reconciliations and query resolution by telephone, letter, fax or email.
- Making payments to suppliers and other payments as they occur by due date.
- Maintenance of the aged creditor reports
- Maintenance of the unapproved aging report, escalating overdue items where applicable
- Archive processed supplier invoices in accordance with local GAAP requirements
- Prepare Accruals for specified costs and assist financial accountants with month end close process as required.
- Provide assistance to EMEA Treasury & Payment Manager with project work as and when required.
- Support other AP team members in times of high volume processing, or annual leave
This position will interface with the departments/people across all regions.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Invoices processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Avoid backlog of unprocessed invoices.
- Zero duplicate payments
- Zero number of bailiff or interest charges on late payments (dependent on regions covered)
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Progressive and significant experience in a busy purchase ledger department
- Experience of high volume processing
- Experience within a shared service environment desirable
- Quick and accurate processing
- Time Management
- Written and verbal communication
- Prioritising work
- Performance under pressure
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE
- Fluent in English
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to Manage other team members on a short term basis
- Additional European language desirable
- Currently studying for an accounting qualification would be preferential