Senior Architect - London - £65K - £80K + Bonus & Benefits. Scala jobs, Senior Developer jobs, Open Source jobs, Architect jobs, Architecture jobs, Development jobs, Senior Scala jobs, Apache, Spark, Linux, SQL, Scala, Akka, Scalaz, Quasar, Hive, HDFS, Hadoop, YARN, Mesos, Git, Jenkins, Maven, SBT, Eclipse, JIRA, Opscode Chef, CloudOps, AWS, Paas, Docker, Vagrant, Infrastructure, SonarQube, Findbugs.
We are working with a recognised global giant, seeking a Senior Architect with a strong Open Source & Data background and passion for technology. You will ideally have commercial Scala, Spark & Hadoop exp - but we are open to cross training experienced people who can demonstrate a passion for these technologies & strong programming experience. Now is an exciting tome to join them as they are experiencing tremendous growth.
This job will suit a Senior Architect who has a strong programming exp & a varied technical skill set including; Data / Big Data, Open Source, Functional Programming & OO Design. The Senior Architect will have some of the following responsibilities;
- Design & test large scale re-platforming & date architectures using Apache Spark
- Lead the Development team regarding design, development & architecture in terms of checking code & processes, synchronising interfaces, coordinating between teams, main point of contact for all code queries, manage software development practises & date via DevOps automations.
- Oversee architectures and all suggestions / ideas / plans towards these
- Manage & relationship building with all Vendors & 3rd parties. Inc. contract handling
- Travel to client sites as necessary.
You will have a wealth of career experience & an active interest in technology - particularly around Open Source & Big Data. The Technical skills & requirements for the Senior Scala Architect are;
- Commercial experience shell scripting with Linux.
- Strong relational database experience using SQL.
- Understanding of data configurations and algorithms.
- relational database's & data warehousing
- SOA architectures & test driven development (TDD)
- OO Design - multiple inheritances & gang of 4 design patterns
- Ability to work with & master varied frameworks, languages and techniques
- A degree in Computer Science
- Able to quickly master new skills in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, proactive, passionate & a positive "Can-do" attitude.
Any of the following desirable; Commercial Scala, Concurrency structures, Apache Spark, Hive, HDFS, Hadoop, YARN, Mesos, DevOps, CloudOps, AWS,CI,CD, ESB, BPEL, and OData, apache Avro, Parquet, ORC, ProtocolBuffer, or Kryo.
Excellent starting salary based on skills and experience £65k-£80k + bonus & benefits based upon exp. Send CV for immediate consideration.