Manager - Market Risk
Our client is a leader in the energy sector offering green energy, retail and commercial energy.
They operate in markets in the US, Canada and Europe and have offices in Milton Keynes and London.
As Manager, Market Risk, you will lead and mentor a growing European Market risk team in support of our clients' business unit.
Being part of the management team, you will be working closely with trading, pricing, commercial, structuring and load forecasting teams in assessing, monitoring and reporting market and financial risk for the company's £3.5 billion energy and renewables commodity portfolio.
Depending upon where your base location is (Milton Keynes or London), you will divide your time between each corporate office accordingly.
- Responsible for the leadership, governance and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor market risks for the organisations' European business associated natural gas and power portfolio
- Develop financial risk management tools and practices to analyse/report on market risks and to manage risks according to the company's risk policy framework
- Manage and evaluate the risks related to the company's European renewables portfolio
- Monitor the development and design of analytical tools and improve underlying risk system infrastructure (models, calculations, data flows, reports etc)
- Provide support in the evaluation and analysis of potential new markets, trading/portfolio optimisation strategies, and acquisition activities
- Train, develop and manage the European Market Risk Team
- 5-7 years experience in commodity risk management
- 2+ years of management experience
- University Degree in engineering, finance, economics, mathematics or a similar discipline
- Desirable - Knowledge of European gas and power markets
- Leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Solid knowledge of MS SQL query language preferred, Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Excel as well as VBA
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail orientation in high-pressure situations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
If you feel you have the skills required for this exciting and challenging role then apply now!!
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Quality Personnel, based in Milton Keynes
Specialists in Permanent, Contract & Temporary Recruitment, covering; Industrial, Office, Technical & Engineering.
Please note we can only respond to successful candidates. Quality Personnel acting as an Employment Agency & Business.
To keep up-to-date with all of our vacancies please follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and sign-up for job alerts on our own website.