Estimator - Civil Engineering
I am seeking an experienced Estimator to join an established Civil Engineering business with a strong pipeline of projects across East Anglia.
The purpose of this position is to produce priced and qualitative tender submissions that are of a high quality, market competitive and returned within deadlines.
This role will play an important part within an integrated delivery team, working closely with colleagues from our operational and commercial business units.
This role is strategically important to the growth aspirations of the company and will be an essential component in identifying future work opportunities and delivering a continuous flow of new business.
Key Skills Requirements:
· Extensive knowledge of civil engineering and construction processes.
· Developed skill with numbers and an ability to analyse and accurately manipulate numerical information.
· Strong IT skills and the ability to effectively present information.
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience of estimating software
· Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
Accountabilities and Main Duties:
· Liaise with prospective clients, carry out site inspections and compile appropriate information to complete the tender exercise.
· Assess and analyse tender documentation and identify all relevant construction and commercial implications.
· Develop individual tender strategies and submit competitive, compliant submissions.
· Work with internal stakeholders to develop construction proposals and establish accurate contract durations.
· Maintain strong client relationships and understand the key success factors for clients procuring construction works.
· Provide tender submissions within Framework Agreement contract environments, utilising existing costing information and using agreed documentation formats; including participation in value-engineering exercises.
· Provide management reports detailing tender activity and outcomes.
· Represent the company across a range of internal and external meetings and contract working groups.
· Manage supply chain and supplier relationships within the pre-contract environment.
· Provide and maintain a unit pricing database and monitor key cost trends within the marketplace.
For more information please call Martin Lively on for a confidential chat.