MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
LEAN MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER
"World Class Innovation & Quality for Retail Sector Electronic Systems & Solutions"
C£50-55000 + Excellent Benefits
Dundee, Scotland (Relocation Assistance Will be Considered)
Our client is a diversified global manufacturer with annual $multibillion revenues. It delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major specialist operating segments/market channels. Our client combines global scale with operational agility to be the market leader in the segments in which it operates. Following a recent acquisition and integration of a highly successful specialist retail systems and solutions market leader, our client now has a strategically important vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The role is located in the Dundee area.
As Lean Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you will be based at a large site, employing c500 people. The site has a reputation for innovation, quality and breadth of products. Manufacturing is undertaken on both a batch and project basis with significant bespoke elements utilising a wide range of technologies, materials and an extended supply chain.
The role carries responsibility for the leadership and further development of the Manufacturing Engineering function working with a professional, experienced and highly focused team of engineers and technical specialists. The Company is committed to appoint a high calibre individual on an upward curve in their career who is capable of leading and motivating in a hands-on way an established manufacturing team.
As Lean Manufacturing Engineering & Facilities Manager you will have the vision and creativity to ensure a strong working relationship with your colleagues in quality, engineering and commercial functions whilst simultaneously ensuring that longer term manufacturing & facilities goals are achieved.
The Lean Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall performance, development and maintenance of the manufacturing facility, technical resources and capability (both equipment and personnel). This will include responsibility for:
- support design, manufacture & test hydraulic / mechanical assemblies for existing and new products, covering, design / process / methods / work instructions / time & study / quality.
- generation and delivery of cost reduction projects.
- all aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering Function relating to the introduction, manufacture and ongoing support of Products, supporting the Assembly and Test processes.
- overall responsibility to maintain factory equipment and services.
- manage the team to drive improvements in equipment effectiveness as well as overall process, quality, availability improvements.
- the NPI program through the concurrent engineering process to optimise factory resources/strategy and implementation on new product process or equipment.
- development of Lean manufacturing principles within the team and the wider factory
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to university degree level in Engineering.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in a manufacturing/production management position focused on light industry and assembly such as components or electronics or similar. Please note that we are not seeking candidates from heavy industry for this role.
- Experience gained in world-class manufacturing business; progression will have seen you grow through operations and into a manufacturing leadership position.
- Demonstrable Change Management, Continuous Improvement and Leadership capabilities.
- Able to demonstrate that you have delivered change.
- Able to plan work and delegate to team members effectively
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to be a project leader who can control and delegate many different tasks in a cross functional team
- Be an assertive character who will work & motivate others to provide multi-departmental support.
- Be commercially aware
- Be a team player.
- Have the drive to improve overall performance.
- Cultural awareness of interactions with EMEA and global partners
- Facilitating change through coaching, mentoring and leadership to ensure that a world-class quality environment is the norm.
- Persistent; Assertive, strong Communicator
- Analytical problem solver and pragmatic
- Flexibility to travel (e.g. Site/Field visits and meetings across EMEA)
This is a superb career opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager with a dynamic, growing global corporation. The Company is committed to employee fulfilment, inclusion, diversity and wellness and the prospects for you to move into either a senior operations role or a larger divisional role are very real.