Applications Support Analyst
Our client is a leading energy and services Group employing 20,000 people in the UK and over 150,000 globally.
They are using their energy and services capabilities to lead the UK’s transition towards a more secure and sustainable future, through a strategy based on investment in critical energy infrastructure, integration of its energy expertise with its broad services offer, and innovation in customer-led solutions and technologies.
They are currently seeking talented Application Support Analysts to join their Leeds based team.
You will be joining a team of IT specialists that are driving the companies ability to deliver services to both customers and colleagues. Working in an extremely dynamic and demanding environment, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wealth of experience within a world leading organisation.
Supporting up to 15 applications based on the Microsoft stack, you will report into the Applications Support Lead to manage 2nd and 3rd line incidents (both front and back end).
It is a very varied role which includes liaising with vendors, logging and fixing script and bug issues, lifecycle and change management (particularly raising own changes), working with developers, trend analysis report writing and stakeholder management.
You should ideally come from a related industry sector and possess the following skills:
- Proficient in C# and .Net with the ability to read code
- Familiar with ITIL process
- Good understanding of change and release management process
- Demonstrable experience in logging and fixing bugs for multiple systems and users
- Ability to coach and develop other application support analysts
- Accurately analysing problems and thinking logically
- Working collaboratively and coordinating solution implementations
- Practical approach to problem solving
- A cool-headed communicator with the ability to determine requirements and present solutions in a non-technical manner
- An interest in learning new technologies, program languages and procedures to improve service delivery
- Taking account of new information and adapting solutions accordingly to meet changing priorities
- Identifying issues and risks within available information and adapt solutions accordingly
This really is a role where no two days are the same, so if you enjoy exciting environments and are interested in new technologies that facilitate faster and more collaborative ways of working and want to embark on a career path within a business that sees IT as an enabler, then please get in touch asap.