Legal Administrator - Canary Wharf based Law Firm
A leading law firm based in Canary Wharf is seeking a Legal Administrator to join their busy team.
The successful candidate will work with a team of Administrators responsible for ensuring the effective booking of court hearings by answering phone calls and processing emails quickly and efficiently, ensuring papers, attendance notes and associated correspondence are checked, logged and organised in an accurate and timely fashion.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience dealing with clients over the telephone and a strong attention to detail. They will have an organised and professional approach, with a can do attitude.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining a timely turnaround of emails received by clients, suppliers and advocates.
- Receiving, checking and validating Papers and marking them off on IMS.
- Answering the telephone: answering calls within 3 rings and dealing with calls in line with company policy.
- Entering all jobs and other information received via the telephone onto IMS.
- Monitoring IMS 'Job Updates’ list to ensure confirmation of receipt.
- Processing and sending Papers to advocates (including following up with advocates for confirmation).
- Responding to queries about receipt and location of papers.
- Matching attendance notes with hard copy papers and additional documents.
- Locating papers identified on the 'late list’ (for matters where Papers have been reported as 'returned’ by the advocate but have not been invoiced).
- Telephoning advocates for Additionals and hard copy papers not returned within the prescribed time.
- Telephoning clients for missing Papers and missing documentation within Papers.
- Returning documents to clients, including papers, Additionals and/or Omissions.
- Opening DX and post, date stamping and distributing promptly to other members of staff.
- Accepting, checking and sorting of all deliveries and where necessary, liaising with suppliers to ensure orders are controlled and maintained.
- Enveloping and franking of all outgoing mail (including weighing and recording of Special Delivery/Recorded Delivery/DX and Couriers) within specified time frames, ensuring they are ready for collection in the evening.
- Assisting the Head of Department with ad hoc administrative tasks as and when requested.
Education and Training
- Educated to degree level preferable, educated to A Level or equivalent minimum
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Special Knowledge & Skills
- Careful attention to detail with appreciation of broader context of work
- Good communicator, including telephone skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to display a professional and appropriate approach when dealing with others
- Ability to identify problems and where possible use past experiences to resolve them
- Previous office experience desired, preferably working in a legal environment
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner
- Ability to contribute actively and appropriately to team tasks
- Ability to demonstrate accountability/ responsibility for own actions
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Remain calm under pressure
- Knows when to consult others
- Adopts excellent client focus in all aspects of work
8:30 - 5:30 Monday to Friday