Business Development Executive
infinite Group have a fantastic opportunity to become a Business Development Executive for our client Sony Mobile.
As a Business Development Executive, you will work with your specific account to look for new opportunities in retail and call centre environments to generate sales and increase knowledge and recommendation of Sony Mobile products and services. You are an experienced sales training professional who can use your skills and experience to the best advantage of the company. You need to be good at handling multiple projects and have very good customer relations and objection handling skills.
You will need to use a combination of commercially focused, innovative activities to drive Sony Mobile sales, including direct consumer sales days, Retail Manager events, and Call Centre activity, when required. Furthermore, you will deliver interactive, engaging training programs to retail sales staff, designed to drive knowledge transfer and sales uplift across all categories.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Customer Training and Education - You will own the training and education of all staff within your specified accounts from planning through to execution and review. This will include managing communication with Sony Mobile, Key Customer Contacts and colleagues within the Field Sales team. You will manage the training brief, production of content, delivery of training sessions and review the ROI of all activity (written and verbal).
- You will build strong relationships at Head Office and Call Centre locations to influence and facilitate communications between Regional Managers within Channels and RDMs.
- Field Team Development - Provide a key point of contact for information relating to your specified accounts. Facilitate the briefing and training of the ADM & weekend sales team regarding all activity relating to specified accounts.
- You will also conduct regular field visits to evaluate the retail environment and to assess the processes utilised to deliver activity.
- Mystery Shop - Have the ability to understand and interpret Mystery Shop results, identifying suitable and effective solutions to address shortfalls - in both retail and call centre environments.
- Knowledge Checking - Implement knowledge checking mechanics for all training activity that is undertaken, monitoring the results and reporting identified knowledge gaps to the Sony Mobile Account Team for resolution planning.
- Customer Events - Manage the support of identified customer events from planning through to implementation to include: Planning, POS and event equipment, manpower, delivery of event, event attendance and review of activity (verbal and written).
- Ambassador Management - Manage a group of Sony Ambassadors to drive sales and training within their teams at the call centre.
- Sales Incentives - You will manage the implementation of identified sales incentive schemes via a variety of activities including customer launches (Head Office) & call centre launches and ADM briefings and management.
- Competitor Feedback - You will understand the market, and monitor competitor activity - reporting back relevant information to Sony Mobile in both written and verbal forms (weekly call).
- Customer Meetings - Where required, you will attend customer meetings to represent the Sony Mobile brand and product portfolio.
- Reporting and Administration - You will research market trends, and be able to measure ROI.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Displays passion to understand clients overall strategy and the market as a whole.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for selling in a consumer or B2B market.
- Delivers dynamic, impactful presentations to large audiences.
- Successfully manages existing customer relationships, while proactively developing new customer / client relationships.
- Displays the ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidence, with the ability to influence and make a tangible difference at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task, collaboratively working across the business in order to identify improved ways of working.
- Displays drive to overcome obstacles in order to achieve objectives.
- Observant in trade, and communicates relevant observations effectively.
- Recognises key customers and the levers to gain commitment to increased sales and deliver ROI.
- An outgoing and self-motivated personality.
- Seeks innovative solutions, and accepts personal responsibility to make things happen.
- Adapts quickly and positively to new situations.
- Ability to work five days out of seven
- Ability to attend regular meetings and training - often with overnight stays
- A full UK driving licence, held for at least 12 months, with no more than 3 points
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Salary will be between £24,000 - 26,000 plus company car, fuel card, bonus, mobile office.