Legal PA/ Secretary in IP Litigation
Our client, an international magic circle law firm, are now looking for an experienced Legal PA to support the Partners within the Intellectual Property/Litigation department. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a dynamic team and become involved in project-related work, develop processes and assist with some Business Development initiatives. The ideal Legal PA will have previous law firm experience and have relevant Intellectual Property experience and will carry out varied responsibilities, working for an incredibly strong team in this global Power House.
Duties will be varied and will differ according to the needs of the allocation of Fee Earners but will include the following:
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that allmessages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client relatedcorrespondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner and actioned as necessary.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required.
- Liaise with the department’s Team Leader over any planned absences, arranging cover asnecessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners.
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm’s contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Arrange client meetings.
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings etc. andliaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Arrange for travel bookings and related details to be made .
- Arrange photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and recordkeeping.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within requiredtimescales.
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches andpresentations
If you feel that you are able to undertake the variety of duties required and are able to keep a calm, composed and professional stance whilst supporting Senior Fee Earners then please do apply now for immediate consideration!
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Vicki Scott.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s