Legal PA in Learning & Development
Are you a Personal Assistant looking to join a reputable, international law firm within an award winning department where you can develop your skills in perhaps a new area that you haven’t yet explored in your employment? Look no further! This role is exciting and diverse and will be supporting the Learning and Development team with meeting the needs of the firm in terms of the training of their employees to ensure they have the skills they need to excel in their areas.
The ideal candidate would have some experience within a Learning & Development department or within Business Development but candidates with a strong PA background will also be considered.
Duties will include:
- Providing the L&D Practice Manager with status updates, alerting them to any issues and suggesting solutions
- Managing diaries in Outlook: arranging meetings often in different time zones, sending and responding to invites, resolving conflicts, confirming appointments and bringing forward papers
- Raising any issues or queries in relation to global services centre/processes with Practice Manager in a timely manner and proposing/providing solutions where possible
- Coordinating the QLTS (Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme) applications sign off process
- Producing monthly Know-how bulletins and developing further the L&D resource bank and uploading them into the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Preparing for and attending weekly catch-ups with L&D Practice Manager and daily catch-ups with L&D Managers to discuss issues such as workload and progress on projects
- Updating materials for the induction held each week and deliver from time to time a 1 hour module on the programme
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong Academics
- Line management experience
- Experience in a legal or other professional services environment
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Confident and fully competent with IT/use of Microsoft packages
- Ability to operate in a friendly, client focused, professional and discrete manner at all times
- Meticulous attention to detail; always striving for high quality and continuous improvement
To apply, please click on the button and send your Cover Note/CV with your contact details to Jo Benson.
**For our application policy please view Career Legal's company information page on our website. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is celebrating its 24th successive year in legal recruiting for the legal community across London and throughout the UK. Specific legal divisions cover full spectrum of legal recruitment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis. Specialist Legal Recruitment consultants with many years proven experience cover Legal Professional Services, Legal Business Support and Legal Office Support areas. Career Legal is known for being the legal recruiter of choice for: Lawyers, Legal Risk & Compliance, Legal Patent & Trademark, Legal Accounting, Legal Human Resources, Legal Marketing & Business Development, Legal Facilities Management, Paralegal, Legal DP & Creative Services, Legal Facilities & Office Support, Front of House and Legal Secretarial Personnel including Legal PA’s.