UX Designer - Sunday Times Best Company
My client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. They want you to help get us there!
Company culture is very important to them, and that is why they were voted in the top 6 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2017, and why they are constantly looking for ways to make the company an even better place to work. People join them to change the industry, work with world-class talent, develop their careers and become part of our remarkable culture.
The UX Team
As a Marketing Tech company, they recognise the key role outstanding UX's play in helping them achieve their vision. Their UX's are not just Designers or Engineers, they are problem solvers and mastermind strategists. They even identify and solve problems users don't know they have. They empower you to make a huge impact as you will have unique access to and involvement in the business and its direction. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company they play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
You will be the "Big Picture Thinker" and the vital link between product users and tech.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from day one, including participating in stakeholder meetings and daily stand-ups.
The UX Designer Role
You will provide our product teams with detailed insight, context and understanding of complex issues ensuring a holistic approach to problem solving.
- Facilitate a range of UX focused sessions with product managers and various stakeholders across the business to identify the best way to approach a problem
- Conduct user analysis using various tools to build strong use cases based on data
- Build strong relationships across the business from tech through to commercial.
- Map out systems, flows and journeys to help all stakeholders understand every moving part of any system and identify friction points
- Manage the UX process from research through to wireframing and possibly design.
- Build interactive prototypes to manage stakeholder expectations and provide clear spec for build
- Collaborate with UX Engineer to make sure all UX work is built to spec
- Learn fast and be able to articulate a solution and gain buy-in from stakeholders throughout the business
Qualifications & Experience of the UX Designer
Must be fully competent in:
- Creating wireframes and UX prototypes
- Information architecture
- Sketch, Illustrator or equivalent
- Interactive prototyping tools such as UXPin or equivalent
- Track record of identifying and solving complex problems with smart, well considered solutions.
- Confidently facilitate workshops with stakeholders of all levels
- Understanding data from multiple sources to reconcile and inform decisions
- Web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, VWO, HotJar and Optimizely
- Creating and maintaining UX guidelines, pattern libraries and best practice
- Conducting UX research
Preferable experience in:
- Experience, Service or Product design based Degree or equivalent
- Understanding and/or experience in JQuery, HTML & CSS
Package for UX Designer:
- £competitive + excellent bonus
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Relaxed, informal culture - no dress code
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets