PR Account Director, Bournemouth
An exciting opportunity has become available for a PR Account Director to join our client's happy, thriving and friendly team based in Bournemouth, Dorset!
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Essential Duties and Aptitudes:
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients.
- Own client relationships and work with exceptional organisational and relationship skills.
- Serve as point for client-service philosophy; ensuring quality work from team in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus.
- Responsible for budget management on accounts and stays ahead of budget issues and is proactive to ensure account profitability.
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
- Ability to provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management and integrated marketing; embraces and understands the principles of integrated marketing communication.
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing those creative ideas with clients.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends within PR & Communications and recognise opportunities to apply to the brands that we represent to meet client goals.
- Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge and trends and understanding and clients' business in "off time."
- Shows ability to lead others; remains calm under pressure.
- Supervisory responsibilities; identifies staffing issues and needs, adopts or creates processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs.
- Identifies/Integrates new communications capabilities and solutions and engages others.
- Helps lead cultural values; strong, active, advocate of culture.
- Instills confidence and motivates/inspires clients and colleagues.
- Effectively manages projects using resources effectively.
- Collaborative spirit to work towards the best outcome for clients and the agency.
- Effectively resolves conflict with clients and within teams.
- Actively contributes to the management of the PR agency.
- Embrace cultural values; active participation and advocacy.
- Maintaining acceptable profit margin within accounts managed and exceeds billable goals.
- Directing/Managing staff/team delegating work from time lines and strategies
- Directing/Managing staff/ team to ensure team is hitting deadlines
- Directing/Managing staff/team to ensure work is of standard required and targets are being hit
- Directing/Managing clients/ budgets/timings/expectations
- Managing and planning ahead to ensure work is covered during staff holidays
- Working to KPI's to ensure team are on track
- Feeding back to CEO in development of junior staff members
- Ensure on-going development of junior team members to help them broaden their skill set
- Writing up notes from meetings with junior members of the team formal and informal
- Staff appraisals and offering solutions to key development areas
- When the CEO is not present ensuring the team run smoothly
- Effectively communicate across the team, lead and motivate a team whilst creating a positive environment that ensures outstanding team work
- Assist in recruitment process with feedback
- Participates in business development by increasing business with existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach for agency.
- Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects, and represents LBPR in new business meetings.
- Identifying opportunities to expand client relationship through cross-servicing.
- Minimum of 5 years of public relations with progressive job responsibilities.
- Agency experience or the equivalent experience with an agency model.
- Demonstrated results in public relations work, client service and account leadership.
- Stellar writing and editing skills required.
- Passion for both traditional and digital communications.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at thinking on your feet.
- Highly accountable and organised with excellent time management skills.
- Understanding what press want and need for a successful feature
- Experience and proof in creative PR campaigns
Our aim is to respond to your application within 48 hours. However, due to high volumes of candidates applying for positions, please assume that if we have not contacted you within 48 hours you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will keep your details and contact you should a more suitable position become available.
Don't delay, call, click or come in today! Find success with SOS!