Broking Manager/Head of Broking Strategy
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 + Free Parking
Visit premierir.co.uk for details of this job and many more.
Our Client is an Insurance organisation based in Nottingham who are recruiting for a Broking Manager/Head of Broking Strategy.
- To assist in carrying out a full analysis of the markets and the associated providers, in which the company currently operates and where the company may choose to operate in the future. identifying the strengths and weakness of the providers and propose the ways in which the company can work with those providers to meet goals of retention, growth in commission/fee and growth in new business.
- To assist in the proposal of an annual broking strategy that provides access to the markets required to cover the needs of the company’s current and future objectives.
- To carry out the agreed broking strategy, ensuring that insurer deals are met. The position carries prime responsibility for meeting insurer deals.
- To report to the Management Board as required (and as a minimum monthly through a written report for the Insurance board meeting) on performance against the broking strategy.
- Maintain good relationships with providers, Account Executives and Handlers so that work flows smoothly and efficiently.
- To oversee:
- Placing of business with a provider
- Determining the appropriate level of cover and charge to the client
- Determining the level of commission or fee
- To develop new products, such as schemes, proposing insurers, identifying commercial arrangements and working with the insurers to deliver the product in the defined timescales
- To support staff (where no servicer) to negotiate fees/commissions with insurers on brokered existing business and new business.
- Ensure the accurate and timely provision of advice on technical issues and policy wordings.
- Attend client meetings where necessary to support the Account Executive.
- Training and mentoring the broking team, identifying areas of development and implementing development plans.
Please note that we try to notify Candidates regarding the success of their job applications, however, this is not always possible, due to the high level of applications received. If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please note that unfortunately you have not been successful with regard to this particular role in Nottinghamshire.