Finance Director / 50-70k / Gloucester / B2B / Utilities
My client is an established B2B utilities company based in the heart of Gloucestershire. Due to continued growth, they are now looking to recruit a Finance Director.
Reports to: Managing Director
Role purpose: Provide leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the commercial and accounting team.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, other Senior Management, and non-senior managers.
- Provide leadership with regards to the company's finance and accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Take control of the company's accounting function.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Specific initial key tasks/considerations:
- Conduct a full review of current processes and practices, enabling a full restructure of the commercial/accounting department. Further appointments may need to be made, and specific roles/responsibilities allocated to existing/new staff.
- Implement cost analysis systems across all our contracts.
- Help to manage the company through a period of large growth, especially in terms of their telecoms work.
- Due to the scale of the aforementioned initial key tasks, any candidate must be aware that the initial months of the employment will be particularly demanding in terms of pressure and time.
- Assisting with commercial management of a group of companies.
- Carry out any other duties that can reasonably be requested from time to time within the skills, training and experience required for this position.
- Offices are open from 07:00 to 17:30 (Mon-Fri); candidates would be expected to work a minimum of 45 hours a week. Working activities do extend outside of this, however overtime on weekends is negotiable.
- Full package is negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you feel that you match the above criteria, please get in touch - /