Project Leader (Sporting Event Installations)
Our client, a successful event branding business is seeking a Project Leader to join their team. Pre-planning, implementing and leading each project to the satisfaction of the client, venue (to include horse racing, cricket, snooker venues etc.) and Sales / Administration team, this is a key location based / client facing role to maximise efficiency / profitability and representation of the company.
- Responsible and accountable for the delivery of services provided by the businesses logistics team during their projects.
- To be responsible for a project from pre-planning to post event reporting.
- Identify and consider resources required for each project, oversee loading of vehicles, plus installation and removal of the assignment to meet the client and venue expectations.
- Attend 'kick off’ meeting at the inception of a project.
- Identify resources required such as structures, fixings, staffing, plant etc, with Operations Manager.
- Plan and load vehicles.
- Communicate with Client and venue on site.
- Adhere to Health & Safety requirements for installation team on site.
- Lead and implement installation and de-rig (removal) process, cost efficiently.
- Report missing or damaged stock upon return to depot.
- Project report at weekly operations meetings.
- Often working during weekends and Bank Holidays, sometimes involving overnight stays.
Responsible for each Project:
- Identify transport and plant resource itinerary, planning and safety in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Structure requirement, crew deployment, task assignment.
- Task quality control and redeployment on site.
- Crew discipline, appearance and politeness.
- Liaison with colleagues and customers when on site.
Post event reporting.
Keys to success
- Good communication skills to liaise with venue, client and logistics team.
- To understand the brief, with a Professional 'Client Facing' approach and attention to detail.
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and pre-plan projects (aiming for 6 weeks in advance).
- Problem solving and proactive approach, to overcome any unforeseen obstacles should they arise.
- A practical experience / background of building site or shop fitting installations.
- Knowledge and ability to work with various types of fitting/installation; use of hand and power tools, as appropriate.
- Driving licence (essential).
- Good inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Good time management and decision making skills.
This is a hands-on / field based opportunity seeking an autonomous individual with strong problem solving, communication and team working skills.